ARCHITECTURE & FEMINISMS ecologies, economies, technologies
13th Architectural Humanities Research Association conference
The 2016 AHRA conference will address connections between architecture and feminisms with an emphasis on plural expressions of feminist identity and non-identity, acknowledging that feminist claims continues to be tested and contested. Between architecture and feminisms our specific focus will be upon transversal relations across ecologies, economies and technologies. Specifically, we are concerned with the exploration of ecologies of practice, the drawing out of alternative economies, and experimentation with mixed technologies, from craft to advanced computational technologies.
We invite responses to our six thematic areas:
Ecologies – Economies – Technologies – Histories – Pedagogies – Styles
We assume that each thematic area inherently organises diverse ecologies of practice, and that the question of precarious mental, social, environmental ecologies pertains to all.
We invite individual and group proposals for 20 minute papers and full sessions from architectural historians, theorists, designers and practitioners, as well as those working on relevant themes across the design disciplines, in the humanities and social sciences.
We welcome proposals that explore alternative means of academic dissemination through film, small exhibition, performance.
Please send a 300 word abstract, including a title, and a 50 word biographical note to:
Deadline: Apr 15, 2016
- ARCHITECTURE & FEMINISMS ecologies, economies, technologies
(November 17 - 19, 2016)
- On Theory and Method 2: Architects in Formation
(February 5-6, 2015)
- On Theory and Method 3: Critical Projections
(April 12-13, 2015)
- On Theory and Method 4: Material Conditions
(April 23-24, 2015)
- On Theory and Method 1: Critical Historiography
(December 8-9, 2014)
- Architecture in Effect research members at 2014 AHRA conference
(November 13-16, 2014)
- Architecture in Effect research members at BTH conference Planning for Sustainable Urban Form
(November 12-14, 2014)
- (RE)Orientations Spring 2014
(January 27 2014)
- Seminar on Deleuze and Architecture
(5/11 2013 (1 PM - 4 PM))
- Dissertation event: Jan Hietala
- Methodology Seminar
- Architecture's Red Tape, Midway Seminar of Erik Sigge
(April 24, 2013)
- Open House, One-Year Seminar of Brady Burroughs
- Rethinking the Social in Architecture
- Kenneth Frampton, "The Legacy of Alvar Aalto"
- New Beauty Council at Gallery Index
- Mid-Way Project Seminar
- The Gothenburg Midterm Seminars
- Creative Writing Workshop
- SRE Effect Seminar
- Stockholm Starting Seminars
- Yvonne P. Doderer: "Right to the City"
Call for abstracts - Deadline April 15: Architecture & Feminisms
Architecture in Effect organizes workshops On Theory and Method
Architecture in Effect organizes seminar on Theory and Method at KTH Dec 8-9, 2014
Architecture in Effect at 2014 AHRA conference in Newcastle