Yvonne P. Doderer: "Right to the City"
If urban space is understood not only in the sense of physical and built space but – following the French philosopher Henri Lefebvre – as societal, emancipatory, political and sociocritical space, movements like the feminist as well as the lgbtqi movement can be described and analyzed as a highly urban phenomenon. These movements contribute to the productivity of cities and to urban ways of living. An example is the "spatialization" of the feminist and lgbtqi-movement in German cities. Furthermore, the notion of a right to the city can be updated in the frame of gender studies and feminist practice: in consideration of the contemporary and global economical, societal and ecological developments, the demand of a right to the city is necessary more than ever and can function as an umbrella term for changes and a livable future.Yvonne P. Doderer is an architect, urban researcher and Professor of Cultural Studies at the University of Applied Sciences in Düsseldorf. She runs the"Office of Transdisciplinary Research and Cultural Production" in Stuttgart and is internationally active as lecturer, author and producer mainly in the artistic field. Doderer studied architecture at the Technical University in Stuttgart. After the lecture, Thérèse Kristiansson will have a talk with Yvonne P. Doderer about a right to the city for livable futures.
In collaboration with Stockholms Arkitektförening and Meike Schalk, Feminist Futures, Iaspis, Goethe Institut and KTH.
- ARCHITECTURE & FEMINISMS ecologies, economies, technologies
(November 17 - 19, 2016)
- On Theory and Method 2: Architects in Formation
(February 5-6, 2015)
- On Theory and Method 3: Critical Projections
(April 12-13, 2015)
- On Theory and Method 4: Material Conditions
(April 23-24, 2015)
- On Theory and Method 1: Critical Historiography
(December 8-9, 2014)
- Architecture in Effect research members at 2014 AHRA conference
(November 13-16, 2014)
- Architecture in Effect research members at BTH conference Planning for Sustainable Urban Form
(November 12-14, 2014)
- (RE)Orientations Spring 2014
(January 27 2014)
- Seminar on Deleuze and Architecture
(5/11 2013 (1 PM - 4 PM))
- Dissertation event: Jan Hietala
- Methodology Seminar
- Architecture's Red Tape, Midway Seminar of Erik Sigge
(April 24, 2013)
- Open House, One-Year Seminar of Brady Burroughs
- Rethinking the Social in Architecture
- Kenneth Frampton, "The Legacy of Alvar Aalto"
- New Beauty Council at Gallery Index
- Mid-Way Project Seminar
- The Gothenburg Midterm Seminars
- Creative Writing Workshop
- SRE Effect Seminar
- Stockholm Starting Seminars
- Yvonne P. Doderer: "Right to the City"
Call for abstracts - Deadline April 15: Architecture & Feminisms
Architecture in Effect organizes workshops On Theory and Method
Architecture in Effect organizes seminar on Theory and Method at KTH Dec 8-9, 2014
Architecture in Effect at 2014 AHRA conference in Newcastle