Seminar on Deleuze and Architecture
Introductions by Andrew Ballantyne, Hélène Frichot, Christian Girard, and Andrej Radman. The seminar will discuss a new anthology, edited by Hélène Frichot and Stephen Loo, Deleuze and Architecture (Edinburgh UP, 2013). http://www.euppublishing.com/book/9780748674657
Organized by the research project “Space, Power, Ideology” with support from Architecture in Effect.
Prof Andrew Ballantyne is Professor of Architecture at Newcastle University, UK. He has written widely on architecture and identity, and his books include What is Architecture? (2002), Architecture Theory (2005), Deleuze for Architects (2007) and Architecture in the Space of Flows (2011). His Architecture: A Very Short Introduction (2003) has been translated into 20 languages, and is now available with more illustrations as Architecture: Brief Insight (2010).
Dr Hélène Frichot is a researcher and teacher in Critical Studies in Architecture, KTH Architecture, Stockholm. She has co-curated the Architecture+Philosophy public lecture series in Melbourne, Australia since 2005 (http://architecture.testpattern.com.au). Between 2004-2011 she held a continuing academic position in the School of Architecture and Design, RMIT University, where she led the Architecture+Philosophy research stream. She is an editor, with Stephen Loo, of Deleuze and Architecture, Edinburgh University Press (2013). For publications see <helenejuliafrichot.net/work>.
Christian Girard is an architect and theoretician practising in Paris. He received his Doctorate in philosophy from the Université Paris I Sorbonne in 1983. Founding member of the Ecole Nationale Supérieure d’Architecture Paris Malaquais, (2000) where he is Professor he heads the Digital Knowledge Department. He holds an Habilitation à Diriger des Recherches from Université Paris 8, Philosophy Department (2012). He served on the editorial board of Chimeres, founded by Deleuze and Guattari. www.theorytag.com
Dr Andrej Radman is Assistant Professor of Architecture at TU Delft Faculty of Architecture, Theory Department. His research addresses the ecological approach to perception by psychologist James Jerome Gibson and his unwitting affiliation with Gilles Deleuze’s radical anti-representationalism. Radman is also a practising architect and laureate of the Annual Award for Best Housing Architecture presented by the Croatian Architects Association. He is a member of the Dutch National Committee on Deleuze Scholarship.
- ARCHITECTURE & FEMINISMS ecologies, economies, technologies
(November 17 - 19, 2016)
- On Theory and Method 2: Architects in Formation
(February 5-6, 2015)
- On Theory and Method 3: Critical Projections
(April 12-13, 2015)
- On Theory and Method 4: Material Conditions
(April 23-24, 2015)
- On Theory and Method 1: Critical Historiography
(December 8-9, 2014)
- Architecture in Effect research members at 2014 AHRA conference
(November 13-16, 2014)
- Architecture in Effect research members at BTH conference Planning for Sustainable Urban Form
(November 12-14, 2014)
- (RE)Orientations Spring 2014
(January 27 2014)
- Seminar on Deleuze and Architecture
(5/11 2013 (1 PM - 4 PM))
- Dissertation event: Jan Hietala
- Methodology Seminar
- Architecture's Red Tape, Midway Seminar of Erik Sigge
(April 24, 2013)
- Open House, One-Year Seminar of Brady Burroughs
- Rethinking the Social in Architecture
- Kenneth Frampton, "The Legacy of Alvar Aalto"
- New Beauty Council at Gallery Index
- Mid-Way Project Seminar
- The Gothenburg Midterm Seminars
- Creative Writing Workshop
- SRE Effect Seminar
- Stockholm Starting Seminars
- Yvonne P. Doderer: "Right to the City"
Call for abstracts - Deadline April 15: Architecture & Feminisms
Architecture in Effect organizes workshops On Theory and Method
Architecture in Effect organizes seminar on Theory and Method at KTH Dec 8-9, 2014
Architecture in Effect at 2014 AHRA conference in Newcastle